I’m so excited about the presentation I’m working on for The 2018 San Mateo County Fair Literary Stage, and potential other venues. Mark your calendars for June 10, 2018, and meet me at the fair!
“GETTING THE POINT”
Overall Description: Writers, particularly those with few or no publication credits, don’t always make the most effective story viewpoint choices. Award-winning author, Laurel Anne Hill, will discuss point-of-view (POV) options in this interactive workshop.
* Definition of POV and POV Character.
* Interactive demonstration of the basic points of view.
* Closeness, distance, attitude, numbers: What POV is best for your story?
* How people really think, and how to show thoughts (without distracting italics) instead of telling about them.
* Viewpoint errors Laurel often encounters when evaluating story manuscripts.
* Interactive rewrite exercises to correct POV errors. (Handouts provided.)
* Discussion, Q&A.
Laurel Anne Hill
Author and former Underground Storage Tank Operator
Visit the San Mateo County Fair website at https://www.sanmateocountyfair.com/